Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tapas on the Rise






As you all know, I and 12 of my closest friends are going to Espana in September for my ?0th birthday. (Hint: my older son will be 30 this year and I was 20 when I had him.) So I have been immersing myself with everything Spanish - movies, language tapes, music, people and most especially FOOD!!!! So I've been cooking all kinds of tapas or pintxos.

Last week I went crazy (see my previous post).


And I couldn't get enough of it, so on another day, I tried another version of the stuffed squid - ground pork, chorizo & mushrooms stuffed giant squid, this recipe was so much better. I also made pan con tomate w/ anchoas (white anchovies), and did the gambas and long sweet peppers again, because they are so easy and so delicious. Oh yes, and bought some jamon, lomo (smoked pork loin), manchego and garrotxa cheese.




I shared all of my results with my friends again. And they loved it!!! They ate everything. I didn't even have leftovers for lunch the next day. We paired everything with cava sangria, rioja wine, and more cava.



Please enjoy the pictures!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment