Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day #1 of the Engine 2 Diet

Yesterday, I started a "plant strong" diet called the "Engine 2 Diet".  This diet is able to change your cholesterol levels and weight drastically.

I already have a very vegetable focused lifestyle, but this diet eliminates all fats - animal and plant.  Except for the ones in vegetables, fruits, legumes and nuts.  So that means no meat, dairy, fish, poultry and all oils.

This will be the first time I will be going "meat free" and "oil free".  The meat free part will be hard, but not that hard, but the oil part will be CRAZY!

Whole Foods Market Kahala is having a storewide (team members & customers) 28-Day challenge that started with a meeting introducing the diet and a weekly meeting to help and support you to stay on track.

For breakfast I had a coffee with hemp milk.  For lunch I had a kale salad with guacamole and an oil-free fig balsamic dressing and tomatoes, beans and cabbage.  For a snack a Wasa light rye cracker with guacamole.


For dinner I had a garden vegetable soup with brown rice and a kale and tomato salad with fig balsamic dressing.  Dessert was a Wasa light rye cracker with oil-free & sugar-free peanut butter and bananas.

Observations - Was not hungry and feeling that I can do it!

Join me on this 28-Day Challenge and see what happens....

No comments:

Post a Comment