Sunday, September 11, 2011

EAT LOCAL Challenge Ho Family Tomato Tart

I am keeping this as local as possible.  The tomatoes are from Ho Farms, fresh thyme and Naked Cow Dairy butter in the crust and fresh Ho Farm tomatoes, macadamia nut oil, and Kona salt in the filling.  I wish I could find taro flour to make the crust 100% local, maybe next year.


This recipe is as easy as 3-2-1 (3 parts organic unbleached flour, 2 parts butter and 1 part ice water).
 
Locally grown Ho Farms Family Tomatoes, fresh oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and macadamia nut oil (enough to coat tomatoes).  The easiest filling every, but very colorful and delicious.  The tomatoes keep their shape, but are cooked enough that they pop in your mouth.
 
Place dough in a tart pan and shape, no prebaking necessary. Toss all filling ingredients and fill in tart crust.  Preheat over to 375 degrees and bake for approximately 30 minutes.  Cool for 10 minutes and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and basil.


1 comment:

  1. hi natalie! I found your blog awhile ago but didn't make the connection that it was YOU until i read the chez pannise post! awesome! I am a blogger too... but I never did get around to writing for the kanu hawaii challenge! Now I am writing for the Vegan Mofo- the vegan month of food! I am going to follow you on twitter too, aloha, andrea bertoli

    ReplyDelete