Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Let's Really Start Focusing on Sustaining Hawaii

During the twelve hours of waiting for the tsunami to hit our shores, I had alot of time to think about the importance of the "Sustainability of Hawaii".  Can you imagine if the tsunami really did hit the islands - we only have 3 days of the food supply for the entire state!  That statement alone should make us really think about how we can increase our food supply first in our own household, for our immediate community, then our island and finally the entire state.

What can you do for your own household?  Starting tomorrow, I will start my little garden of a variety of vegetables and fruits.

For our community, I will start with my neighbors, my immediate community.  Talking about ways we can work together on how we can start a neighborhood sustainability plan.

This is my first small step in making a bigger picture attainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment