Friday, March 12, 2010

To Own or Not To Own?

The question of owning your own business or not.  Lately, I've been thinking about this.  Working for someone else or working for oneself?

It's been 12 years since we closed my family business, "Caffe Aczione".  A little bistro like restaurant, in a turn of the century building on Kalakaua Avenue (mauka of Kapiolani Boulevard).

I always felt that we were a little ahead of our time.  Imagine the cafe being open now?

An extensive espresso menu; delicious dessert menu from different local vendors (selected on their specialties; pizzas, pastas and sandwiches from a menu that was strategically designed for minimal waste.

An ambiance of an eclectic art gallery, antique shop and someone's living room.


I miss it and what it brought to the neighborhood.  On a side note, I miss my brother - his talents, his art and his eye for style.

To own or no to own?  We all work so hard in our jobs, but imagine putting all of that passion and work to something you own.  Yes, I am so seriously thinking about this.  What stops me is MONEY, that paycheck, benefits and security.

No comments:

Post a Comment