Monday, July 26, 2010

INGREDIENTS

This past weekend we (Whole Foods Market Hawaii) raised some money for the upcoming 30-minute documentary INGREDIENTS Hawai'i on Hawaii's food movement and agriculture.  Knowing where the food you are eating is really from.


We also had a showing of the original film INGREDIENTS at the Doris Duke Theatre on Friday and after watching it again, it made me reevaluate my contribution to Hawaii's local food movement.  I gave myself that challenge about a year ago, about growing most of what I eat.  Should be pretty easy because I live by myself, but I do cook and eat with my friends - a lot!  No sharing right now, but hopefully I will be able to grow enough to share with friends.

So about a month ago, I starting planting, from seeds, vegetables and herbs.  Here is an update of where I am.  I have to say that I am pretty proud of what I have accomplished.

I am able to go to my garden and pick herbs and vegetables to make a beautiful salad.  Or go in the garden to pick herbs to put into something I am cooking.  It is so gratifying to do that and most of all it is so delicious!  So when someone asks me "Who's Your Farmer?", I can say I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment