Sunday, February 22, 2009

Back in Hawaii - Friday, February 20, 2009

Hey Friends, I am back. I know I have been back, physically, for about 3 weeks now and it has taken me this long to get my head back in Hawaii.

The Counter - Kahala Mall (between Chilis and Whole Foods)

Aloha. So today I got a burger at The Counter in Kahala Mall. The California based burger franchise. I first had my first en-Counter burger in Santa Monica, California with my good friend Jojo. Wow, the wait was about half an hour and the place was hopping and it wasn't even lunch time. And I remember, in Santa Monica, was the juicy burger with at least 5 toppings and the crispy sweet potato fries and that I wish they were in Hawaii. And now they are.

The Counter in Hawaii, just opened this week. I brought a friend visiting from Canada, because he wanted a burger. I had the smallest "build your own burger" burger (1/3 lb.), (your choice of one cheese) Gruyeye cheese, (your choice of 4 toppings) grilled onions, grilled chilies, lettuce and tomato, and (your choice of dressing) roasted garlic aioli. When we got our burgers, yummy, juicy, tasty, and big. I only could eat half of my burger. We picked the 50/50 fries selection, 1/2 sweet potato and 1/2 regular, I ordered them extra crispy. Richie ordered a banana shake - the old fashioned way of making it. Everything was delicious. Thanks Richie for a great lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment