Monday, March 16, 2009

Hau Tree Lanai - Sunday, March 15, 2009

I have to say that breakfast on Saturdays and especially Sundays is my favorite meal of the week. And my favorite breakfast place is the Hau Tree Lanai at the New Otani Hotel.

The eggs benedict w/ sauteed spinach (my special order) is OMG, the best on the island of Oahu.

Today, my friends and I had breakfast here. First, the weather was the best, blue skys, cool breezes and warm sun peeking through the Hau Tree branches. The best. The people watching here is also the best - paddle boarders, swimmers, sun worshipers, paddlers, families, beautiful bodies, breath taking Kaimana beach. I could go on and on.

My eggs benedict with sauteed spinach never disappointments me - the eggs are poached perfectly, the ham & turkey are tender and juicy and hollandaise creamy and tasty. Perfect every time.

Today some of my friends broke from the usual. Bob had the Hawaiian Special a vegetable omelet with a choice of different fried rice mixtures - kim chee, chicken adobo or regular. I will have to try that next time. Charles had the half benedict with corned beef hash.

Honolulu does not have a great selection of breakfast places and Hau Tree Lanai is always the one I recommend to visitor and kamaaina.

Atmosphere - 5
Food - 5
Service 4.5

The service is usually very timely and attentive, but today was a little off.

No comments:

Post a Comment