Monday, May 2, 2011

Day #5 Engine 2 Challenge

Today was my day off and decided to workout at Zumba by Jen at the Hawaii Kai Towne Center with Charles.  I felt so good after the workout and also had so much more energy than usual.


My friend Christine told me about a new cafe that serves vegan dishes and specific sandwich which is compliant to the guidelines of the challenge.  So we all decided to meet there, 4 friends on the challenge.  I had half a sandwich and miso soup.



This is their version of BiBimBap with brown rice and no beef or egg.  I looked yummy!
Also got to try a Grain Mocha Latte.  Shared some with Kara and we both loved it.


After working at ARTafterDARK at the Honolulu Academy of Arts, Charles and I went to town.  I figured I could get a great salad with no dressing.  And I did, but also was thrilled to learn that they had a vegan lentil soup, minus the yogurt topping.  My salad was an arugula, beet, fennel and orange salad.  YUM!



Breakfast - Big Rip Bowl w/ watermelon
Lunch - Peace Cafe - 1/2 Popeye Sandwich, miso soup - daikon, collards, squash
Dinner - Dinner @ town restaurant - Vegan Lentil Soup, salad - beets, arugula, fennel, orange wedges
Snack - Wasa rye bread with crunchy almond butter and strawberries x2

No comments:

Post a Comment