Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week 2 - Day #11 Engine 2 Challenge

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Okay, it's time to make fresh corn tortillas.  I decided to make soft tacos with a textured soy protein in place of ground meat.  I bought a popular TSP, Smart Ground, Mexican Style.  I needed to make it taste less premade and more homemade.  So I did the onion in the dry & hot pan with vegetable broth and white wine technique, but also added a small amount of tomato paste, chili powder and garlic.  It also needed a little more texture, so I added a cup of black eye peas.

I made fresh corn tortillas with a Masa Harina mix.  Follow directions on the package.  After you've make fresh tortillas, you will never buy another already made bag of tortillas.  It's too easy

I bought already made salsa and guacamole from Whole Foods Market Kahala, because I did not have time to make my own and you cannot have soft tacos without the condiments.  And forget the shredded romaine lettuce for a fresh crunch.




No comments:

Post a Comment