Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Black Garlic: A Whole New World of Flavor


Yesterday, I got my order of "Black Garlic" from Mondo Food. I've been reading that a large number of Bay Area chefs are using this new mysterious flavor, so I mail ordered it.

I have not cooked with it yet, but I did have a taste..... it has characteristics of fresh garlic with a savory, richness of earthiness & caramelized balsamic vinegar....WOW!!! Love it. It has a mochi texture, melts in your mouth, and is almost like a dried fig, but without the seeds. It's hard to explain, you must try it yourself.

I can't wait to try it in my wild mushroom risotto and pair it with a Turley Zinfindel. Who wants to come over for dinner?

Black Garlic is fermented garlic, which is aged for a month in a special fermentation process under high heat. For more information go to: www.blackgarlic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment