Thursday, May 14, 2009

My new favorite snack - "pan con tomate" or "pa am tomaquet"


I've been obsessive about absorbing myself with everything "Spanish"!!!! So I've been watching DVDs like "Made in Spain" w/ Jose Andres & the new show "Spain on the road" w/ Mario Batali & Gwyneth Paltrow. The one snack item, tapa, pinxtos, pupus, whatever you call it, I am crazy for it.

It is the easiest thing to make and I shouldn't be eating this because it is BREAD!!!

All you need is good artesian bread, garlic, Spanish olive oil, course sea salt and ripe local tomate.

Cut your bread in 1/2 inch slices, drizzle olive oil, grill on a grill pan or on the barbeque, rub a garlic clove, drizzle more olive oil (for your taste), half a tomate, rub the tomate roughly on the slice of bread, sprinkle with course sea salt and either eat or top with Spanish white anchovies.

YUM YUM!!!!

"tengo muchisima hambre" - "i am very hungry"

No comments:

Post a Comment