Saturday, May 2, 2009

Nordstrom Cafe for Lunch - May 1, 2009

I had to drop something off at Ala Moana Shopping Center for work and decided to grab a bite for lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe.

I had the tomato basil soup and a turkey and avocado panini sandwich. Yes, a larger than usual lunch, but I was hungry. I took my lunch back to my desk at work and opened my cup of soup. The fragrance of basil and roasted tomatoes lifted from my paper cup - WOW. Delicioso tomato soup, not thickened with heavy cream but tomatoes. The parmesan crisp bread that comes with the soup is like a thick potato chip with cheese on it - yummy. Simple, but oh so good.

My panini sandwich was made with thin sour dough bread filled with generous amounts of avocado, slices of roasted turkey, tomatoes, swiss cheese and a seasoned dressing, grilled on a panini grill. That was ono and it so hit the spot. It came with potato chips, which I ate, but wish it was a green salad instead. Nordstrom Cafe will be a new addition to my current lunch place list. So whenever you are at the Ala Moana Center for lunch to to Nordstrom.

No comments:

Post a Comment